Female Volunteering Vacancy
Role Profile – Volunteer Receptionist
Responsible to – Volunteer Co-ordinator
Location – SWAN Women's Centre, Linacre Road, Litherland, Liverpool.
Swan Women's Centre provides a wide range of services to enhance women and teenage girls well-being as well as support for those experiencing anxiety, depression, stress and/or isolation. The Centre helps women and girls to improve their self-esteem and confidence, promoting better interpersonal relationships, enabling women and girls to become more socially active and improve their quality of life.
We are seeking a volunteer who will provide a warm and friendly approach to those using our services.
- Administrative and reception duties
- Answer phone and respond to enquiries
- Book appointments in outlook
- Responding to emails (as guided)
- Send out information packs
- Produce leaflet as requested
- Email staff and clients with any messages
- Research information
- Welcome visitors to the office and ensure that they sign in and out of the register.
- Have a clear understanding of the services available at the centre, including any costs
- Understand the role of the staff who work at the centre
- Inform staff of clients arrivals
- Photocopying (as requested)
- Shredding of confidential waste (as requested)
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications required:
|Skills & Knowledge Required
|Good IT skills are essential. Able to use Outlook, Word and Publisher
|Excellent customer service skills
|Understanding of the needs of women with mental health problems
|Ability to work under direction and be able to make decisions
|Willing to attend training, supervision, volunteer meetings as requested
|A positive disposition
|Flexible (our services are developing)
To apply for this role please complete our online application form which can be found HERE