Role Profile – Placement Trainee Adults Counsellor
Responsible to: Counselling and Wellbeing Manager
Location: SWAN Women's Centre, 6 Linacre Road, Litherland, L21 6NR
Swan Women’s Centre is a Litherland-based charity that works with both young and adult women, aged 13+ years, who may be experiencing mental and/or emotional distress. It provides a range of services and support including Counselling, a Befriending Service, Holistic Therapies as well as a number of support groups and activity-based sessions.
A Placement Counsellor is expected to provide 1-to-1 counselling for women who are aged over 18 years. Placement experience initially starts with 2 clients per week. This can be increased after discussion with Manager and Supervisor.
The Placement Counsellor needs to be in regular, sufficient supervision, have current Professional Indemnity Insurance, have a current DBS Certificate which is registered online and be a member of BACP (or equivalent).
Swan Women’s Centre provides a private counselling room, all admin support as well as placement mentoring support and guidance.
Prior to commencing meeting with clients, the counsellor in training is required to attend interview and induction, to be added to the internal database as well as be familiarised with the organisational policies and procedures of Swan Centre related to work wot clients.
· To work with a diverse range of clients’ issues.
· To liaise with the Safeguarding Lead where necessary.
· To keep suitable case records electronically by accessing Swan Centre database.
· To perform duties within the codes of practice and ethics recommended by the BACP, UKCP or equivalent organisation.
· To be aware of national policies, issues and trends relating to people and their care.
· To contribute to the review and evaluate the service as requested.
· To be aware of and implement SWAN policies and procedures.
· To undertake direction from the Counselling and Wellbeing Manager.
· To comply at all times with SWAN’s policies and procedures.
· To maintain confidentiality of sensitive information pertaining to SWAN.
· To exhibit a professional, friendly and approachable demeanour to clients, colleagues and other professionals at all times.
|Skills & Knowledge Required||Essential||Desirable|
|Enrolled on counselling qualifications at diploma level or above||E|
|BACP / NCS Registration||E|
|Currently training in Person Centred Counselling||E|
|Working towards a minimum 100 hours of counselling on Placement at Swan||D|
|Experience of assessment and understanding client's needs, including risk||E|
|An understanding of the particular factors and issues faced by women in relation to the maintenance of good mental health and emotional well-being||E|
|An ability to work within ethical, procedural and good practice frameworks||E|
|An ability to engage with clients of all ages to build therapeutic rapport||E|
If this sounds like the right fit for you, then please complete our online application form HERE